Spring is just beginning and I don’t know about you but I’m feeling antsy to get the warm weather going. In Texas it’s been warming up for a while now, but I’m ready for it to be full on spring. The recipes this week are continuing to add in more typical spring veggies, like asparagus and green onions. Even though you can find often find these ingredients year round in the US, they still generally taste better and are cheaper when they are actually in season!
Here are your recipes:
· Ground Bison with Spicy Tomato Sauce and Roasted Broccoli
· Bacon, Mushroom, and Shallot Egg Scramble
· Garlicy Turnip and Parsnip Puree with Green Onion
· Chicken Tenders with Roasted Asparagus and Aioli
· Scallops with Roasted Pineapple over Arugula
Make sure to let us know how the recipes go over in the Private Facebook Group and tag any photos on Instagram with @paleouniversity so we can see what you’re making!
Who’s ready to get cooking?
– Caitlin Allday, RDN
- Asparagus, 1 bunch trimmed
- Broccoli, 2 heads in pieces
- Garlic, 4 cloves diced
- Green onions, 2 sliced
- Green onions, 4 sliced
- Mushrooms, 1 cup sliced (we used baby bellas)
- Parsnips, 4 med cut into pieces
- Shallot, 1 sliced
- Turnips, 2 med cut into pieces
- Yellow onion, 1 med diced
- Arugula – if you bought a bunch, cut or rip into pieces
- If you mix this together on prep day the flavors will come together nicely, otherwise you can make it the same day you make the rest of the recipe without adding too much time.
- Mayo, 3-4 tbsp
- Garlic, 3-4 cloves diced
- Lemon, 1
- Bacon, 2 thick cut slices in pieces
- Chicken breast, 1 cut into tenders