I don’t know about where y’all are, but here in Texas it is getting HOT. This means that summer is definitely on the way and that we starting to transition our ingredients from spring to summer. These transitional weeks are always fun because they mean that new ingredients start making an appearance which adds variety. And if you are very firmly still in spring, don’t worry, the recipes remain predominately spring focused for a few more weeks.
Here are the recipes:
· Cajun Scramble with Zucchini and Onions
· Cod with Roasted Carrots and Carrot Top Chimichurri
· Chicken thighs with Leeks and Lemon
· Three Meat and Veggie Bowl
· Roasted Asparagus with Lemon
Make sure to let us know how the recipes go over in the Private Facebook Group and tag any photos on Instagram with @paleouniversity so we can see what you’re making!
Let’s get cooking!
– Caitlin Allday, RDN
- Asparagus, 1 bunch trimmed
- Carrots, 1 bunch trimmed
- Leeks, 4 cut into pieces
- Leeks, 2 sliced in half coins
- Zucchini, 2 sm/med cut into half coins
- Yellow onion, 1 diced
- Spinach – if you bought a bunch, cut or rip into pieces
- Carrot tops from 1 bunch (roughly 1 cup packed)
- Garlic cloves, 2-4 (depending on preference)
- Oregano, 2 tbsp fresh
- Red wine vinegar, 1/3 cup
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Olive oil, ½ cup
- Salt and pepper
- Mix everything except the olive oil together in a small food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Once everything is fully combined, drizzle the olive oil in slowly until everything is mixed together.
- Store in a container in the fridge until ready to use.