I hope y’all are enjoying the warm (or maybe even hot) Spring weather. Here in Texas it’s already been pretty warm/hot for a while so I’m in full “salad mode”! I generally don’t like a lot of salad during the cooler months, but when it’s hot outside nothing beats a crisp salad. That’s why we’ve got two salads for you this week (One does require a little cooking, but it’s still a refreshing meal.) The other great thing about salads is that they are a breeze to put together, which is always a plus.
Here are the recipes:
· Steak with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
· Baked Eggs, Carrots, and Onions with Moroccan Spices
· Chicken Tenders with a Balsamic Cherry Sauce and Roasted Asparagus
· Shrimp and Peach Salsa Salad
· Mixed Spring Vegetable Salad
Make sure to let us know how the recipes go over in the Private Facebook Group and tag any photos on Instagram with @paleouniversity so we can see what you’re making!
Let’s get cooking!
– Caitlin Allday, RDN
- Asparagus, 1 bunch trimmed
- Brussels Sprouts, 1 bag (1 lb) quartered
- Carrots, 4 med cut into coins
- Cherries, ½-1 cup in pieces (can use fresh or defrosted frozen)
- Fennel, 2 sliced
- Leek, 2 sliced
- Kohlrabi, 2-3 cut into small pieces
- Yellow onion, 1 med sliced
- Lettuce – if you bought a head, cut or rip into pieces
- Animal Products
- Chicken breast, 2 cut into tenders
- Peach, 1 cut into pieces
- Red onion, ½ sm diced small
- Avocado, 1 sm diced
- Jalapenos, 2 sm diced
- White wine vinegar, ½ cup
- 1. Mix everything together with a pinch of salt.
- 2. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Servings: 2-4
- Time: 5min