I don’t know about you but when the weather starts to get hot, my appetite goes down a bit and I find myself craving more veggies and fruit. And this week’s recipes definitely have that covered
This week you will make
- A salad with blackberries and cucumbers
- An Italian style ground turkey recipe with summer squash and zucchini
- A quick pork chop with cherries and mangos over spinach
- An egg frittata made with bacon, tomatoes, shallots (which are a type of onion) and more spinach
- A fish dish that includes a fresh marinade and golden beets
Who’s ready to cook?
Co-founder/Director of Content/Nutrition Coach
- Basil, 6 fresh leaves ribboned/chopped****
- Cherries, 1/2 cup de-pitted and quartered
- Cucumber, 1 sm/med cut into pieces
- Dill, 1 tbsp fresh chopped
- Garlic, 1 clove diced*
- Garlic, 3 cloves diced**
- Lemon, 1 juiced
- Lemon, 1 juiced (only need 1 tsp for recipe)
- Mango, 1 diced
- Onion, ½ yellow diced**
- Onion, ½ yellow sliced thin*
- Oregano, 2-3 tbsp fresh****
- Tomatoes, 1 quart cherry sliced
- Shallot, 2 sliced
- Summer squash, 1 cut into pieces***
- Zucchini, 1 cut into pieces***
- *Can put these two in the same bag.
- **Can put these two in the same bag.
- ***Can put these two in the same bag.
- ****Can put these two in the same bag.
- Spinach and arugula
- If you don’t buy these in a prepackaged container, you’ll need to prep them too. Wash if need be and cut into pieces.
- Animal Products
- Bacon, 4 strips cut into pieces
- Beets, 2 sm/med golden
- Heat the oven to 400 and wrap the beets in foil.
- Bake the beets for 40-50min or until tender.
- When the beets are done roasting, unwrap them from the foil to help them cool faster.
- Once cooled, peel the roasted beets and slice them into rounds.