Since it’s summer, we’re keeping the recipes really simple ’cause, I don’t know about you,
but this time of year I want to spend as much time outside as I can and not necessarily in
This week your recipes include:
- A summer squash and onion omelet
- Roasted green beans with almonds
- A dish that includes baked salmon and peaches over arugula with lemon vinaigrette
- A recipe that includes a ground beef and bison mix with roasted tomatoes
- Shredded chicken with a Middle Eastern eggplant toppingNow, let’s get cooking!
Co-Founder/Director of Content/Nutrition Coach
- Garlic, 3 cloves diced (or more depending on your preference)
- Green beans, 1 lb stems removed
- Lemon, 1 juiced (1 tsp is needed for the recipe)
- Onion ¼ sm yellow diced
- Onion, 1 sm/med yellow diced
- Peach, 1 cut in half for grilling or cut into smaller pieces for roasting
- Squash, 1 sm yellow summer, cut into coins, then quartered
- Tomatoes, cherry 1 pint sliced
- Eggplant, 2 large
- Lemon, 1 juiced
- Garlic, 2 cloves diced
- Tahini paste, 2 tbsp
- Olive oil, 3 tbsp
- Heat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut slits in the eggplants all over. Place the eggplants on the foil-lined sheet.
- Roast the eggplants until the skin is black and charred, about 30-40min.
- When the eggplants are done, take them out of the oven and let them cool enough that you can handle them.
- Cut the eggplants in half and scrape out the inside with a spoon into a bowl. Try not to get any of the skin, it can be bitter.
- Use a fork to mash the flesh up, add in the lemon juice, garlic, tahini and olive oil, mashing the whole time. Sprinkle with a little salt to taste.