This week’s recipes are the first of our winter recipes! As is typical with the first few weeks of a new season, the ingredients are a blend of last season and the new season; so look for new ingredients to start showing up – like endive this week! Fall and winter have pretty similar produce to choose from so you’ll still see lots of familiar ingredients.
Here are your recipes:
• Cod with Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
• Apple and Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
• Roasted Turkey with Braised Endives and a Mustard Sauce
• Roasted Cauliflower with Chimichurri
• Pork Chops with Roasted Rutabaga
Make sure to let us know how the recipes go over in the Private Facebook Group and tag any photos on Instagram with @paleouniversity so we can see what you’re making!
Let’s get cooking!
– Caitlin Allday, RDN
- Apples, 2 medium thinly sliced*
- Carrots, 4 med cut into pieces
- Cauliflower, 1 head cut into “steaks“ and the rest in florets
- Parsnips, 4 med cut into pieces
- Rutabaga, 1 large peeled and cut into bite sized pieces (can use 2 med/lg turnips instead)
- Sweet Potato, 1 large shredded
- Italian parsley, 1 cup packed
- Garlic cloves, 2-4 (depending on preference)
- Oregano, 2 tbsp fresh
- Red wine vinegar, 1/3 cup
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Olive oil, ½ cup
- Salt and pepper