I hope the New Year is continuing to provide you with inspiration and that you are making the progress you want to. I also hope that you remember that progress is about consistency, not about perfection. If something happens to derail you, don’t beat yourself up over it and call it all lost. You always have another opportunity to make a better decision and with Paleo U recipes coming to you every week, it’s easy to make the better decision when it comes to what to eat!
Here are the recipes for this week:
· Shrimp with Chimichurri and Sweet Potato Mash
· Turkey Breast with Pomegranate Salsa
· Lime Cauliflower “Rice”
· Egg and Winter Veggie Hash with Bacon
· Ground Bison with Zucchini in Marinara Sauce
Make sure to let us know how the recipes go over in the Private Facebook Group and tag any photos on Instagram with @paleouniversity so we can see what you’re making!
Let’s get cooking!
– Caitlin Allday, RDN
- Butternut squash, 1 large in sm pieces (approx. 2 cups)
- Cauliflower, 1 head riced (if your store sell it pre-made, you could use that instead)
- Flat leaf parsley, ½ cup chopped
- Garlic, 4 cloves diced
- Jalapeno, 1 diced*
- Leek, 2 sliced
- Lime, 1 zested and juiced*
- Pomegranate seeds, 1 cup*
- Red onion, ½ diced*
- Turnips, 2 sm/med in sm pieces
- Yellow onion, 1 sm/med diced
- Zucchini, 2 lg cut in half and cut into half coins
- *Mix with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and store in the same container.
- Arugula – if you didn’t buy a container, cut or rip the bunch in pieces
- Flat leaf parsley, 1 cup packed
- Garlic cloves, 2-4 (depending on preference)
- Oregano, 2 tbsp fresh
- Red wine vinegar, 1/3 cup
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Olive oil, ½ cup
- Salt and pepper
- Mix everything except the olive oil together in a small food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Once everything is fully combined, drizzle the olive oil in slowly until everything is mixed together.
- Store in a container in the fridge until ready to use.
- Sweet potato, 2 sm/med
- Heat the oven to 425 and pierce the sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil.
- Place the foil wrapped sweet potatoes in the oven and roast for 40min.
- Once roasted, store in the fridge until ready to us
- Bacon, 4 thick cut slices in pieces